Earth Probiotic Bokashi Recycling Bin for Food Waste
Airtight 25L recycling bin for food waste
Ferment & then safely compost food waste
Wonderful ability to eliminate odor
Convenient size: suitable for indoors
Durable & strong: can hold up to 18kg of food waste
Includes an internal strainer to separate liquid leachate from solid food waste
Includes a tap for extracting that nourishing Bokashi juice for plants
This can be used to ferment raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat.
Made from 65% recycled plastic that's recyclable
Made in South Africa
- Add food waste* between layers of Earth Bokashi in the recycling bin.
- Microbes in the Earth Bokashi start a fermentation process.
- Once this process is complete, empty the bin into a compost heap, bury it under the soil, feed to earthworms or make soil.
- This includes raw & cooked food, dairy, small bones, citrus, eggshells, seafood, & meat!
How does it work?
- Bokashi bran is full of beneficial microorganisms that help to ferment food scraps; the process is anaerobic (it takes place without air), breaking down your kitchen waste into nutrient-rich soil food without letting it rot or releasing a bad odour. When your scraps have been fermented, you can then add the end product to your flower pots, compost heap or worm bin where it will then be exposed to air and small animals (worms & insects) and become compost. This is such a simple way to make your household more sustainable, and use your kitchen waste in an eco-friendly way.
Please Note: Once the Recycle Bin is full, it will need to stand unopened for 2 weeks to complete the fermentation process. Ideally, your kitchen should have 2 Bokashi Recycling Bin for Food Waste, so you can use one while the other is left to stand.
- Size: 25 Litre
- Dimensions: 41cm x 32cm x 32cm