Lonely Planet - India
Second-hand books in good condition. Images sourced from the internet. All books are cleaned before shipment/collection.
Lonely Planet India is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Admire the perfect symmetry of the Taj Mahal, ride a camel through the moonlit desert or cruise the lush backwaters of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including temples, cuisine, history, art, Hinduism, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, customs, volunteering, yoga, ashrams and trekking
- Over 190 colour maps
- Useful features - including 3D illustrative plans of India's 5 most exciting sites, Travel with Children, and Woman and Solo Travellers
- Coverage of Delhi's bazaars, the Taj Mahal, Rajasthan's forts and deserts, Goa's beaches, Kerala's backwaters, Mumbai's colonial-era buildings, Darjeeling's tea plantations, Khajuraho's ancient temples, Himalayan monasteries and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet India, our most comprehensive guide to India, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
Looking for just the highlights of India? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover India, a photo-rich guide to India's most popular attractions; Looking for a guide focused on Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Goa, Mumbai, South India or Kerala? Check out Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala, Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra, or Goa & Mumbai guide for a comprehensive look at all those regions have to offer.